At Osbornes Flat Primary School our students receive big school offerings within a small school environment.
Outside the classroom enviornment our school offers:
- An annual school sleepover for Foundation to Year 2 students.
- Annual camps for all students in Year 3-6.
- Regular gardening and cooking sessions in our school vegetable garden and student kitchen.
- Athletlics, Swimming and Cross Country carnivals with other small schools in the local area.
- Private music lessons during the school day where students are able learn guitar, ukulele, violin or piano.
- A Bike Education program where students improve their bike riding skills and safety awareness. This program culminates in a whole school family bike ride each year.
- A week of swimming lessons every year as part of our swimming skills program. Students participate in this program until they achieve the Victorian Swimming Certificate.
- Student leadership opportunities at all year levels through the Student Representative Council.
- A strong intergerational program with Yackandandah Health where the students participate regular activities with the aged care residents.
- Participation in community events such as the Folk Festival Opening Parade and the Yackandandah Billy Cart Race.
- School based fun days including an annual book week parade, grandparents day, crazy hair day etc.